I thought that I would try out virtual school, because I mean what could be so hard about it? I thought I’d have so much time to do it and so much more. So here are all the things you should know before going into it.
- They give you TONS of busy work. I don’t know if they just think that since i’m not at school i’m just always doing nothing or what. But it was a whole lot more work than what I had in real school
- You need to be very good at managing your time. If you can’t manage your time, then don’t even consider doing it. I had to learn this the hard way… wasn’t very fun.
- Hangout with friends who also do virtual school. I found that I got the most work done when I was doing work with a group of friends.
- NEVER put your work off till the end of the semester. If you do this, you probably won’t be getting much sleep.
- If you get frustrated with an assignment because you don’t understand it, just skip it and go to the next one. If you just don’t complete any more assignments after that because you don’t get that one single assignment… well that’s when you start putting your work off till the end of the semester.
- Use your resources!! Your teachers aren’t just there to grade your work, if you reach out to them they can help you with any and all assignments. But if your scared to reach out to them, they’ll just assume you’re doing fine and don’t need any help.
- Work ahead. When you get a break for holidays, I think it’s best to work ahead because it’s less work you’ll be stressing about getting done when it comes to the deadline.
- Don’t skip the lesson and go straight to the task that is for a grade. I caught myself doing this sometimes, but it’s so much easier if you just read through the lesson and take notes and then do the task, because then you won’t be struggling to find all the answers.
These are just a few small things that turn into big things when it comes to doing virtual. I know it seems fun because you don’t have to go to school, but it’s really just the same. Most days I still get up just as early as I did for regular school, but you have quite a bit more work in my opinion.
Hope this helps someone out there!! xoxo, A